Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Got Water??

We sure do! City of Findlay is under a state of emergency. We had a level 3 out...which around here, means grab your camera and jump in the car!!

The first picture was taken while rescuing my father-in-law, who decided that his mini van would make it thru. Pssst-notice the truck pushing it with his bumper? Needless to say that my FIL did make it but stalled his van. Lesson learned...don't drive thru high water!!



This picture is of a neighborhood just a block away from me. Notice the boat on the right? Well he thought it would be a good idea to get it out and help people get to their houses. Seems like a good idea, but after starting it up and hearing the prop hit the pavement, I'm sure he thought "Why did I do that?" To the marina he'll be going for a new prop.
This is the main street bridge. Bumper to bumper traffic, people having nowhere to go. By Tues night they shut it down. This morning you can't even see the bridge. On the corner of Lincoln and Main, the water was so high, it broke that church's windows and flooding their basement. Dave's shop is 7 FOOT under water. His job today is evacuating people out of their homes and taking them to shelters.
This one is right on the corner of my road. You can see the tracks from there but they are there, under water. JUst crazy! We were worried that it was going to hit our house, but thankfully it didn't.
Here's Lincoln St. The school is to the right, which I believe is to be fine. Not sure about the houses tho. Look closely, you can see that SUV that is under water up to it's bumper.


It is just so unbelievable! This is something that you would only see on t.v. I know that their is a lot of flooding going on in the West and Hurricane Dean, my hearts go out to all them people! But its hard when it really hits your own home! We haven't seen a flood like this since 1913!

We pulled my Sister-in-law and 4 babies out of her house with a row boat! Her house had 12 inches of water inside. She is just devistated! We're helping her out as much as we can. We spent Tues afternoon, rescuing people in her neighborhood with their rowboat.

I-75 was closed, which backed up SR 12, Main St, and my road. We had people from all over, trying to get to Columbus, Dayton, where have you. We just simply said, find a hotel and stay the night. There really was no way out headed south.

My heart goes out to all these people. And hopefully with those with no flood insurance will seek government help!

Until next time...

No comments: